Physicians Mutual Insurance Company®
Dental Insurance for Seniors
Proper dental care is especially important for seniors since oral health is an indicator of your overall health. Dentists can often be the first ones to diagnose diseases because of signs in your mouth.
So if you don’t take care of your mouth now, you may be at risk for bigger health issues down the road.
Don't put your dental and overall health at risk.
Did you know your oral health can provide insight into your overall health?1 Studies indicate untreated dental conditions can introduce bacteria into the body that have been linked to conditions such as diabetes, pneumonia, and even heart disease.1
How will you plan to pay unexpected dental bills?
Planning ahead can be particularly important, especially if you're on a fixed retirement income. With the national average Social Security benefit at about $1,650 a month,2 paying out-of-pocket for a root canal costing $900 or more, for example, can be difficult for many people. And keep in mind Medicare doesn't cover dental care.3
So, just as you would plan for unexpected medical bills, you also need to consider how you'll pay for unexpected dental bills. But there's good news. You can get help paying big dental bills with affordable dental insurance from Physicians Mutual Insurance Company.
You can get dental insurance for seniors that offers:
- Help paying for over 400 covered procedures
- Preventive services you can use right away; major services you can use after 12 months
- Benefits for a wide range of dental procedures, like cleanings and fillings to crowns and dentures
- No deductible and no annual maximums on the cash benefits you can receive
- Freedom to choose any dentist, but if you choose a dentist in our network, you can save on covered services
Three fast facts you should know:
- Without proper oral hygiene, bacteria can reach levels that might lead to oral infections, such as tooth decay and gum disease.1
- About 2 in 3 (68%) adults aged 65 years or older have gum disease.4
- Gum disease can be painless and the condition is not entirely about warning signs.5
I've been a member of the Physicians Mutual family since the last century. You have continually been a company that has been there for me with outstanding customer service. I guess I've just sold myself on Physicians Mutual again! Thank you for all you do.
- 1 "Oral Health: A Window to Your Overall Health," Mayo Clinic, October 28, 2021
- 2 "How Much Will You Get From Social Security," U.S. News, Money.usnews.com, December 20, 2021
- 3 "Medicare & You," Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2022
- 4 "Oral Health for Older Americans," Center for Disease Control and Prevention, cdc.gov, May 22, 2021
- 5 "Gingivitis and Periodontal Disease (Gum Disease)," webmd.com, July 30, 2021