Physicians Life Insurance Company® —
a member of the Physicians Mutual family
How Much Life Insurance Do I Need?
In today’s economy, debts are up and savings are down.
That means life insurance is more important than ever to help keep your loved ones covered in the event something should happen.
To find the right life insurance policy, the first question to ask is “How much do I need?” Determining this amount can be simple. Use our online Life Insurance Calculator to add up expenses like medical bills, funeral costs, credit card payments, mortgage and utility bills, and outstanding debts or loans. This will help you determine what amount will keep your family covered.
How to buy life insurance
Step 1: Find out what type of insurance you need
With life insurance, there are two basic types of insurance policies to choose from:
- Term life insurance provides protection for a specific amount of time only. It normally costs less than whole life insurance and often offers a higher benefit amount.
- Whole life insurance is coverage you can own for your entire life. Whole life insurance offers permanent protection, and normally has no renewal rate increases.
Step 2: Choose a reputable company
The insurance company you choose should:
- Have been in business for many years
- Be financially stable with strong ratings
- Retain high customer satisfaction
Step 3: Talk to an advisor
Talking to someone who knows the details about different insurance policies and can offer credible advice is invaluable. Contact one of our agents/producers for guidance. It’s simple and it’s free.
Step 4: Choose how you want to buy
There are many ways to buy a life insurance policy:
- By phone
- Through the mail
- With an agent/producer — virtually or in person, from the safety and comfort of your own home
Buying life insurance can be a simple choice with lasting value. Don’t leave your family unprotected — make the decision that can help keep them covered today.