Recipe: Baked Chicken Fajitas
I can't remember when or where I found this recipe, but I've used it nearly every week since. We like it with hot sauce for added spice.
— Amy Trinkle, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
MAKES: 6 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
In a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine the chicken, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Combine the oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides.
2 fajitas equal:
|Fat:||8 g (1 g saturated fat)|
|Carbohydrate:||41 g (0 g sugars)|
|Diabetic Exchanges:||2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat|
Originally published as Baked Chicken Fajitas in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p29