Spicy Sweet Potatoes Recipe
My family fell in love with the combination of sweet and spicy in this potato side dish the very first time they tried it. It goes great with poultry ... and looks so pretty on the dinner table. I try to serve it often.
— Lynn Thomas, London, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
MAKES: 8 servings
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sweet potatoes and oil. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
2. Transfer to a greased 11-inch x 7-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 15 minutes.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals:
|Fat:||4 g (1 g saturated fat)|
|Carbohydrate:||28 g (0 g sugars)|
Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Originally published as Spicy Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p39